Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heating and cooling loads - not working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
262 Views, 3 Replies

heating and cooling loads - not working

Ok....
-Using 2008
-One central file for all disciplines (not my decision)
-Architect had drawn the building and added rooms, tags, etc (correctly as far as I can tell) for 80 odd rooms on two levels.

Working in my local file in MEP2008, I can see the rooms and view/edit the room properties.
But when I open heating and cooling loads i get this error
"There are no Rooms defined in your model.
Without Room definitions Heating and Cooling loads cannot be completed."

Can anybody explain why? What I might be doing wrong? Settings to check?
I'm a Revit newbie btw.

But wait there's more.
If I open a new project and link to the original, then copy monitor the grids levels and rooms, heating and cooling will work fine.
Thats what our training provider told me to do by phone, but didnt have any ideas why it wont work the way I tried it.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the Phases of your Rooms. In Revit MEP 2008, we only used the Rooms that existed in the last phase defined in the project. In Revit MEP 2009, you can choose what Phase to use for analysis.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Kyle.
The rooms are all phased 'new construction' as is everything else, as its a green feild project.
I dont think we will be using construction phases either.

p.s. I believe we are upgrading later in the week (was going to be monday just gone) so hopefully it will solve itself.

I'm trying to quietly prove a point, as the junior eng sitting opposite me is spending days loading the preliminary room data into CAMEL.
Message 4 of 4
KyleB_Autodesk

Hopefully it does. That really is strange though, I have no idea why that would not work. In 2008, as long as Rooms exist and are on the last Phase in the project, Heating and Cooling loads should work fine.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report