Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

family visibility

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BRYANBRAUER1832
297 Views, 2 Replies

family visibility

The attached file is an example of a Chicago Faucet family.  When I load it into my project, it is displayed with projection line color RGB 128-128-128, which makes it very faint in the model.  I can override by element to a more visible basic color, but I need to do that for each instance of the element in the model, and I don't know how to edit the family to correct it.

This situation exists for all families downloaded so far from this manufacturer's web site.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: BRYANBRAUER1832

All of their Revit Families have just a 3D Import in them like that? There is no real good way to control the visibility of the Imported Objects to my knowledge. From what I see, you have two viable options, of which I recommend the first...

1. Open the family for editing, select the 3D Import and click "Edit..." next to Visibility/Graphics Overrides under Properties. Clear the checkbox for "Plan/RCP". Then draw over the 3D Import using Symbolic Lines. This way, the import shows only in Elevation and 3D Views, and the Lines (which are very controllable) will display in Plan View.

2. Create a View Filter for Plumbing Fixtures and do not assign any Filter Rules. With this, you will be able to apply a specific visibility (i.e. color) to ALL plumbing fixtures, which does affect nested elements like the 3D Import.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
BRYANBRAUER1832
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks.  I learned something about 3d imported visibility, but I think I will just override the line type after insering the family.  That seems the easiest solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report