Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting all sheets to DWG together

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chunky2k
5464 Views, 6 Replies

exporting all sheets to DWG together

good afternoon

i finished my drawing in MEP, now i want to export all the drawings into DWG format

i know about exporting to DWG, but i have to export eash sheet alone, and each sheet come out in single file

when i open the DWG file, the drawings goes direclty into a layer

i want (for example) my 10 sheets to come all in ONE dwg file and all comes in layer 1, layer 2, layer 3 ... ETC

is that possible ?

regards

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lanl
in reply to: chunky2k

Hi chunky2k,

Currently, for the Export to DWG function, it is not possible to export multiple sheets into one dwg, and each sheet goes to a dwg layer automatically.

I am afraid that you have to export each sheet, then xref the dwgs, and set them on separate layer.

I would encourage you to log enchancement request with the link below when you think anything needed to be improved. Our product design team will read all the submitted forms.  
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 7
clariosJQSPX
in reply to: lanl

Is this still not possible?

Message 4 of 7
bsammis
in reply to: clariosJQSPX

You can create a set of sheets to export with a single command, but you'll still end up with multiple .dwg files, one per sheet.  I honestly don't understand the desire to have multiple sheets in a single .dwg anyway.

Message 5 of 7
clariosJQSPX
in reply to: bsammis

The reason why is because at this moment we only use CAD and were currently migrating to Revit. We do ALL of our sheets in one CAD file and then send it to our clients. Most of the clients that we work with don't have Revit so when we finally migrate 100% to Revit we still need a way to send all this sheets out clients without making more difficult for them. Even thou our entire company will be working in Revit we still have domestic and international clients that are not using Revit.  

Message 6 of 7
bsammis
in reply to: clariosJQSPX

Yeah, I get the necessity of exporting to .dwg, just not specifically to a single file rather than multiple files, unless it's just a user/client preference thing.  I'm pretty sure having 150 sheets in a single .dwg would drive me up a wall.

Message 7 of 7
clariosJQSPX
in reply to: bsammis

It is a user/client preference but I feel like having to open 150 individual DWG files would drive me up a wall. I dont know if you can see it but I attached a snip of  how we manage our different sheets and that seems 100% easier to keep track of rather than 150 individual files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report