Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equipment(family) visibility in a linked Revit model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
erfagan
516 Views, 1 Reply

equipment(family) visibility in a linked Revit model

I have an Revit file from an Architect, which I linked to my Revit MEP.  Two of the kitchen equipment (families) show on screen as not solid.  The equipment is assigned a material, one is a 'specility equipment' the other is a generic model.  The equipment is all on the same worksets.  (I attached one of them).

Any ideas on how to make the equipment look solid?

ERFagan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: erfagan

The category of the family is set to Specialty Equipment. If the view discipline is set to Mechanical, Revit will deem the family too unimportant to show shaded. You will either have to change the family category (through "edit family") or change the view's discipline to coordination or architecture, which will cause walls and casework will show opaque, too.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report