Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electrical placing fixtures

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
miguel202
537 Views, 6 Replies

electrical placing fixtures

how do I place a fixture in a floor plan

using revit 2011

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dennis
in reply to: miguel202

That is a pretty wide open question.  I assume you are wanting to place Electrical Equipment, so first goto an electrical view.  Use your View Template to make sure it is setup correctly with the Visibility Graphics.  Next, is it a 'free floating' piece of equipment or a "face based" object?  If free-floating (like a transformer), you should then be able to place it easily, with only checking the elevation value in the properties to insure it is visible.  If it is face-based (like a panel), then it will default to a vertical plane, but you can change it to other face angles with the toolbar buttons (should be up at the top-right side).

Message 3 of 7

Depends on many things including - version of RME and content pack, are you using OOTB families, are you using linked files for your architecture and structure, type of electrical family being inserted, etc.

If OOTB families then they are element hosted families and won't host to walls etc. in linked models.

You need to be a little more explanatory in your question

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

Try looking into the tutorials or perhaps referencing some of the learning aids as mentioned throughout the forum, the most recent post being Manuals or Help Guide Books. I recall that you were looking for this information in previous posts. Were any of the suggestions then helpful at all?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
jboone

A.  Make sure you have a grid to work in.

B.  Host to face (of grid)

Message 6 of 7
miguel202
in reply to: dennis

I don't think you Understood the question

The question was in the rivet program how do you place fixtures? is a straight forward question

Message 7 of 7
dennis

Do you mean in Revit or Rivit?  Revit is a CAD program, rivit is what a frog does.  I use my mouse to pick first the type of equipment and then use my mouse to further my selection in the Properties palette.  Then I place the equipment with my mouse onto the floor plan of the view that I have setup.  Then I may select the equipment with my mouse and further refine the elevation placement by picking with my mouse in the Properties onto the elevation value, or possibly the Offset value, depending on the equipment.  Perhaps a training class should be pursued in your future, or at least do some online tutorials or buy a training manual.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report