Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elbow not work in custom pipe size

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
366 Views, 4 Replies

elbow not work in custom pipe size

Dear All,

When I custom make the new size 42mm to copper pipe. But the elbow not work in the 42mm pipe only. May I know what is the problem? and I have attached the elbow csv

Thank you

Sam

CSV.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

You will have to insert a new row for your 42mm Pipe Size. The first column in that table is in imperial units (inches) and Revit is looking up the Nominal Diameter based on that value. After you inserted a blank row* in the appropriate place, enter "42" in column B, and then in the cell for column A, type "=B10 / 25.4" (this references cell "B10" which is your 42mm and converts it to inches for Revit to look up). Enter the appropriate value for "FOD" as well, and note that the units for that column are in inches as well.

If you need further assistance, please post your Family file.

*If you are using Microsoft Excel, right click on Row 11 (on the "11" text) and select "Insert Row" from the right-click menu. This will insert the new row immediate above the selected row.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thank you for your help,

I try to revise the CSV file but also not work in the RVT fileSmiley Sad. So I have atteched the rvt and CSV file to you. please help to solve the problem.

Elbow.jpg

Thank you.

Sam

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Ah, you are using Revit MEP 2012, so the Lookup Tables are still saved in a dedicated folder. In Revit 2014 and beyond, the Lookup Table is stored within the Family itself. Anyway, the attached .csv file worked for me; please check the following:

- The file was placed in the folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME 2012\Lookup Tables\Pipe

- You have restarted Revit MEP 2012; I believe this needs to happen for it to see the new .csv file.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report