Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detail lines from arch link

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
EddieFromDC
416 Views, 4 Replies

detail lines from arch link

Hello,

Is there a better way to show detail lines from arch link to our mep model aside from "linked view". (They use detail lines for shaft openings and fences). We want to be able to move room/space tags around. Right now we copy & paste them to our model....Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: EddieFromDC

You can set your View to "Linked View" and still have a custom Visibility/Graphics settings, so you can turn off the Annotation Categories, as well as other unwanted Subcategories of Lines. Under V/G » Revit Links tab » Display Settings » Basics tab, set it to the "Custom" option and specify a Linked View via the top drop-down list.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
EddieFromDC
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Corey,

Now that I have "Lineed View", how can I turn off arch link's "annotations" (room tags, wall tags, text, etc)

without turning off my model's annotation.

We want to be able to move our "room/space tags" around.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: EddieFromDC

Under the Link's Display Settings dialog, go to the Annotation Categories tab. Set the pull-down menu at the top to "<Custom>" and then uncheck the box "Show Annotation Categories in this View" located just below it. That will shut off only the annotation that belong to this Linked Model.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
EddieFromDC
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Corey,

Thank you...All this time I though that if "Linked View'" you are stuck with that view. You cannot turn-off annotations. Thank you again!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report