Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data in file model.rvt is corrupt needs to be manually recovered

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3893 Views, 5 Replies

data in file model.rvt is corrupt needs to be manually recovered

Using Revit 2013 and we are the MEP engineering for a new building.

For this specific project, the architect will send us his arch-model.rvt when we try to open it, we get one of two errors. It either gives me the error "data in file model.rvt is corrupt and needs to be manually recovered. Please contact autodesk support." or "An unknown error occured while accessing C:\arch-model.rvt"

The same error occured once two weeks ago. I had the architect resave and send and that fixed it. Now I've had the architect send me three different models, and each one give one of the two error above?

Is there something in the architect model that is corruping the file? We have worked with this architect on numerous project and are working with him on another project at the same time and no other issues?

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: Anonymous

When you work in collaboration the first thing you need to check is to make sure you all have latest Revit updates or service pack

another question does this only happened in one machine or sevral ones?

here is a useful link you could check it out

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/09/data-file-is-corrupt-and-needs-to-be-manually-recov...

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Yes. We are all using Revit 2013. We also checked in the build # were the same and they are.

I don't know how this had anything to do with it but the architect now compressed the file into a .zip and sent it over. When I uncompressed it, the file opened right up.

--
DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail, including attachments, may
include confidential and/or proprietary
information, and may be used only by
the person or entity to which it is
addressed. If the reader of this e-mail
is not the intended recipient or his or
her authorized agent, the reader is
hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail
is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this message and
delete this e-mail immediately. Thank
you for your cooperation.
Message 4 of 6
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

What is inside this zip file, only RVT file?

Interesting, let us know if this will work for you during this week. it will help us to find and figure out the logic of it.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem and couldn't seem to fix it. I have already cleaned the TEMP folder, and tried to open on different computers but still got no luck. This is a non-workshared file. Does anyone have solutions on how to fix it? 

The file is too large to be attached here so if you want to try it I can send it to you with email.

Thank you in advance! Extremely appreciated!!

Jane

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem and couldn't seem to fix it. I have already cleaned the TEMP folder, and tried to open on different computers but still got no luck. This is a non-workshared file. Does anyone have solutions on how to fix it? 

The file is too large to be attached here so if you want to try it I can send it to you with email.

Thank you in advance! Extremely appreciated!!

Jane

Im having the same problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report