Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corrupt standard families

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stacyhansen
280 Views, 3 Replies

corrupt standard families

I have been experiencing standard duct fittings like transitions and takeoffs that seem to become corrupt.
It seems to happen after I have used the fitting in a vertical duct run. Then all the fittings of that type start growing in length and look very wrong until at some point they become so long that they stop working with the ducts they connect to.
The fix I have is to rename the family and load a new copy then change all the instances of the bad fitting to the new copy. These are out of the box fittings I have not altered.
Does anyone know why this is happening? any suggestion on how to stop this would greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jason.martin
in reply to: stacyhansen

Hi Stacy -
We have identified this as a problem that we have seen in a limited number of cased, but have yet to identify the root cause for this problem. While you have found the "temporary work around" for this problem (although opening the family and changing "any" parameter and reloading it will also work) we are trying to get additional information on why / when this is occurring. If you haven't already, please contact support with this issue and we will try to identify the root of the problem and get it corrected.

Thanks!
jason
Message 3 of 4
Bvogt1

Jason, This has just happened to me. All of a sudden all rectangular transitions appear oversized even though the dimension information indicates they are the right size. Can you explain in a little more detail about the "any" procedure you mentioned. Thanks
Message 4 of 4
jason.martin

You'll need to open the project that you are having trouble with and then open the original family definition from disk. Do not simply select the family definition in your project and click "Edit Family" as you'll be editing a corrupt version of the family.
Once you have the family open you'll need to click on "Family Types" from the design pane. Select the "Width 2" parameter and change the value from 12" to 14" and click Apply. Now change the value back to 12" and click OK (yes, I know this doesn't make sense, but just go with it). Now click "Load into Project" on the design pane. When prompted click Yes, to reload the family.

This should correct the family definition in your project. If it doesn't please post back and we'll see if we can figure out what the problem is. You also always have the option of contacting support and having them help you walk through the problem.

jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report