Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coordination drawings

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
william.nitsche
487 Views, 1 Reply

coordination drawings

Is there a way to constrain duct or pipes or any other system elements to the bottoms of beams from a linked structural file? I am just trying to save some time when I find a conflict. Rather than taking each piece of duct and re drawing it or losing taps.

Thanks,

- Bil

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Yes and no

If your building is only one story building then you will be able to so, by using the Align tool to aligne the bottom of the beam with the top of the duct and locking them.

But if you have multiple levels the align tool won't Work.

The Best Workflow I found so far,

First, make sure that the beams are been created with a level associated with 0 Offset.  

Then create copy monitors STR level with an offset that will align with the bottom of beam.

Finally you need to associate these MEP elements to this copy monitored level

Here is a video for these steps

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/93144e51-680c-4071-a62b-4c554b694633

The main Issue with this workflow is that, if the beam is been moved by editing its Offset instead of moving the level, you may not be noticed. So you need to contact your structure people and ask them if they could move the beam by moving the level in question. This is What BIM execution plan is all about, create a workflow where all disciplines need to follow, I know is hard but it is doable as long if everyone stick to it.

Any other suggestion will be helpful

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report