Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't load family from Price web site

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kadmonkee8
687 Views, 7 Replies

can't load family from Price web site

has anyone else sen this message?

how can it be fixed?

downloaded succesfully opens in Revit 2014 fine just can't load into project

The shared parameter 'ee35ad84-b029-481a-b600-c9e17da63d7d' cannot be added with name 'Material' and type 'Text' because it conflicts with the existing name 'Material' and type 'Material'.

thank you for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
russellvee
in reply to: kadmonkee8

Which family? I use their stuff and haven't had that problem before. It sounds like it could be a problem with loading the type catalog. If you're not familiar with this, make sure you have the .txt file saved in the same folder as the family and you are loading it into the project using systems->air terminal->load family so you can select which types you want in your project.

Message 3 of 8
kadmonkee8

E-Critical Environment Price O.R. Systems LFD

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

It sounds like there is a Shared Project Parameter with the same GUID already loaded into your Project. The easy fix would to to remove the "Material" Parameter from the Family prior to loading it into the Project.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
kadmonkee8
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have confirmed the Material project parameter has been removed from the project and tried to load again with the same result

I am currently loading into Revit 2012,2013,to see if it is specific to Revit 2014 only

the family did not have that parameter in it

thank you for your reply

Message 6 of 8
kadmonkee8

ok

so i confirmed i was able to load the family in Revit 2012, 2013 without any problem

i opened up the problem project and confirmed that no Material project parameter (shared or otherwise) was being used

i was not able to load the family in that project.

my next test will be to create a new project and try to load that family in my new project...success it is the project causing the problem not the family.

now to find the source inside the project???

Message 7 of 8
CoreyDaun

I created two Shared Parameters, identical in every respect except for Data Type, to test this when I made my first post. I was able to reproduce this error between a new Family and a new Project. However, when I went back into the Project and removed the Shared Parameter, the error remained. I am thinking that once the Parameter is introduced to a Project, it's definition cannot be purged. This was in Revit 2014, and this crashed my 2013 every time I tried to create the error.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 8
kadmonkee8
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thank you Corey

i also think it was brought in when i transferred project standards from the architects model in the link.

it does appear to be project related

i might try to detach from central and remove the link and treat it as a new project (if time allows)

thanks again for your info and ideas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report