Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cable tray connector

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
bvm76
2173 Views, 9 Replies

cable tray connector

i am trying to make a cable tray fitting but i can't figure out why the cable tray connector is not in line with the face of the tray that i selected. the width is fine and the height is the problem. Please see attached.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bvm76

Can you attach the Family file? Also, what version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
bvm76
in reply to: CoreyDaun

please see attached.

i am using revit 2013.

Thank You.
Message 4 of 10
L.Maas

It has to do with that the connector is connected to the U-shaped face. It connects to the center of gravity of the face. Solution is to connect it to a workplane or alternatively create a (small) object were you can connect your connector to. This object with connector can than be located/placed in the right spot. In your case I would go for workplane based connector.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 10
CoreyDaun

Too add to EnlInt's suggestion of creating a dedicated extrusion to host the Connector: you can disable that extrusion's Visibility  and the Connector will still be available. Alternatively, you can create the core extrusion as a solid bar and use a Void Extrusion to carve our the cavity, which will leave the connector centered on the face.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 10
bvm76
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I created a solid sweep with the same width and height as the U-face tray and it works. Thanks guys!
Thank You.
Message 7 of 10
NotoriousJade
in reply to: L.Maas

Is this solution able to fix this? I've gone in into the bend family but can't find how to make this connection auto-connect. Connector Issues - Cable Tray.PNGFIX CABLE TRAY CONNECTIONS.PNG

Message 8 of 10
fabiosato
in reply to: NotoriousJade

Hello,

It seems that the bending family has some issues, the 600 number you mention is the cable tray width, right?

If you can share the family of the bend would be easier to understand the problem.

As first check, you are using metric bend family?

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
NotoriousJade
in reply to: fabiosato

Hi

Thank you for the response. I actually brought in new families from the internet instead and replaced the one that wasn't connecting correctly so unfortunately I no longer have the family! Still unsure as to how I would have fixed it so would have been useful to find out.

Message 10 of 10
fabiosato
in reply to: NotoriousJade

Hello,

I have a MEP fitting course at Pluralsight, it may give you a base knowledge to create this kind of family.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report