Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aligning elevation values AND placing equipment

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tfischer
343 Views, 1 Reply

aligning elevation values AND placing equipment

I am new to Revit MEP and I have 2 general questions:

I am drawing a VAV system, and I already have some of the duct drawn and elevated properly. I than have another piece of duct already drawn and I want to match it to the existing elevation - what is the quick way of doing this? I do not want to draw NEW duct and "inherit elevation" ... I already have 2 pieces of duct at different elevations and I want to quickly align them based upon on of the duct's elevations.

Also,

I am placing some VAV boxes and trying to align these elevations as well. I have my mains/tap runouts already drawn, I just need to place the equipment at the end of the runout at the correct location. I can't find an easy way to do this. My workaround right now is to click the VAV box "+" and add a new piece of duct off the VAV, I then have to manually enter in a value for this piece of duct to align it in elevation to my duct main. There must be a faster way to do this!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RandMan
in reply to: tfischer

See this attachement.  You can select several instances (within the same category) at once, then give them the same offest. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report