Revit MEP

Active Contributor
tfischer
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

aligning elevation values AND placing equipment

143 Views, 1 Replies
12-17-2012 12:29 PM

I am new to Revit MEP and I have 2 general questions:

I am drawing a VAV system, and I already have some of the duct drawn and elevated properly. I than have another piece of duct already drawn and I want to match it to the existing elevation - what is the quick way of doing this? I do not want to draw NEW duct and "inherit elevation" ... I already have 2 pieces of duct at different elevations and I want to quickly align them based upon on of the duct's elevations.

Also,

I am placing some VAV boxes and trying to align these elevations as well. I have my mains/tap runouts already drawn, I just need to place the equipment at the end of the runout at the correct location. I can't find an easy way to do this. My workaround right now is to click the VAV box "+" and add a new piece of duct off the VAV, I then have to manually enter in a value for this piece of duct to align it in elevation to my duct main. There must be a faster way to do this!

Thanks

Valued Contributor
RandMan
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: aligning elevation values AND placing equipment

12-18-2012 10:14 AM in reply to: tfischer

See this attachement.  You can select several instances (within the same category) at once, then give them the same offest. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube