Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding material to duct, pipes and cable tray

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2395 Views, 5 Replies

adding material to duct, pipes and cable tray

how do you add a material to ducts, pipes and cable tray?

thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jrobker
in reply to: Anonymous

In your object styles.

Keep in mind that the materials assigned will effect all types of duct and pipe.

You cannot assign copper and pvc to pipe unless you paint a material.

Trust me you don't want to do this.

There are 4 quadrants to pipe so painting will take a while.

It would be nice if we could add a material to a filter.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 6

For some reason it does not work for cable fitting. I asigned a material and added visibility overrides but in 3d and ifc it still comes out as white or gray, whatever the default color of it is.

In a project i need data and highcurrent trays to be marked with different colors, but sadly i have to make a separate revit file to do a separate IFC to do so.

Message 4 of 6

Is it colour overrides you want or materials?  If colour overrides then it can be achieved by using filters based on service type.

BIM Consultant at Graitec Ltd
Feel free to like or accept solutions as long as it is a solution or as a minimum, useful!
Message 5 of 6
jgonzaless
in reply to: simon.locke

Dear, is there no way to put material in the trays? I need to put a material for interoperability with other software

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it colour overrides you want or materials?  If colour overrides then it can be achieved by using filters based on service type.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

You can put materials on duct depending on a System Type

View > Windows Panel - User Interface > (click on) Project Browser > Mechanical (Duct System) / Piping (Pipe System)

Just right click on the System (supply / return / exhaust air) you want change the materials and select the Type Properties.

once done you can now change the Materials and Finishes and also the Graphic Overrides and Rise / Drop Symbol.

Repeat the process on each duct systems or pipe system.

For Cable Tray, since cable tray don't have a system type like ducting and piping you can directly change it on the Manage > Setting Panel -  Object Style select the Cable Tray and apply your desire materials.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report