Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone color fill issue

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
RevitGarage
2764 Views, 13 Replies

Zone color fill issue

I'm trying to create an HVAC Zone Map and in one area of the building, the color isn't filling the zone correctly. See attached image. This is a multi-story building and this issue is occurring on every floor in the same location. Has anyone come across this before?
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jason.martin
in reply to: RevitGarage

It looks like that is a zone that doesn't have any spaces in it. Could you check the properties of that zone and see what the areas are? If they are all 0 then there are no spaces associated with that zone, but it still shows up.
jason
Message 3 of 14
RevitGarage

It is associated with the two spaces and is calculating the area correctly. However, I just noticed the perimeter value is 0'-0". See attached image.
Message 4 of 14
jason.martin

That's interesting! Are the two spaces that it is associated with "OK"? (They haven't become un-enclosed or something? Are there any warnings associated with the spaces?)

I was able to produce a "similar" zone, but I had to "break" the spaces to get it to happen.
Message 5 of 14
RevitGarage

I just re-created those two spaces and created a new zone for them. No errors and I'm getting the same result.
Message 6 of 14
jason.martin

Hmm, even more interesting then. If I send you a buzzsaw account would it be possible for you to post the file?
Message 7 of 14
RevitGarage

I opend the architectural file, placed spaces in those same rooms and tried to create a zone. Same results.

You can send the buzzsaw account to support@revitgarage.com
Message 8 of 14
jason.martin

Invitation should have been sent by buzzsaw. Please let me know if you don't get it.

jason
Message 9 of 14
lcoomber
in reply to: jason.martin

Did you guys ever get this figured out?  We are having the same issue and I'd love to know what is going on!

Message 10 of 14

I'm running into this issue on a 2012 project.  Has anyone figured this out?  The two pictures show different floors. On the floor where the spaces are not yellow, if I drag the stair or adjacent recycling space out of the building, the zone turns yellow.  A second issue in our model that may be related is that a single space is showing up on the system browser in the appropriate zone and in the Default Zone.  I have a whole list of spaces doing this totaling over 10,000 SF!  This also means that I can't import the gbxml into green buildling studio because it won't accept a model with spaces associated with the default zone.  Help, please!

Capture1.JPG           Capture2.JPG

Message 11 of 14

The duplicate Spaces may have been Spaces that were previously deleted. When you select a Space in a View and delete it, the Space remains in the Project and must be deleted through other means, such as a Space Schedule. The image below is the System Browser for a sample situation in which "Space 7" was deleted, recreated, and added to the HVAC Zone. Note that the symbol with the question mark indicates the Space that was previously deleted.

SystemZones.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 12 of 14

The space schedule indicates no redundant spaces nor not placed spaces.
Message 13 of 14
blay
in reply to: DanetteErnst2982

Same Issue can we please get a soultion on this thread?

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Tags (3)
Message 14 of 14
njnorrisbp
in reply to: blay

I know this is years later, but I was having the same issue this morning. I don't know if this is your problem, but my zones do not properly fill when a space is only separated by a space divider. My solution is to add another space divider a couple inches away from the first one parallel to it. This leaves a small gap in between the spaces and then the color instantly comes in. Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report