Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Workset

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
bvm76
538 Views, 9 Replies

Working with Workset

I downloaded a copy of the central file via dropbox and save it to our server. Before I begin our layout, I made all the worksets editable first. After this, I synchronised to central model but I got a message ( please see attached).

What happened to the central file?

Is it still safe to do our layout without having local copy of the central file synchronised to the central copy?

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bvm76

You cannot really use DropBox in conjunction with Worksharing. You really need to create a Local File and maintain a connection to the Central File (recommended) so Revit can manage multiple users.

See Revit Help in regard to Worksharing for more info.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
bvm76
in reply to: CoreyDaun

OK. Another thing is this model consist of several worksets and when I link to the host file, I can't see nothing because no worksets are not visible. How can I make workdets visible?
Thank You.
Message 4 of 10
CoreyDaun

On the Collaborate tab, click 'Worksets', and in the following dialog box, there is an "Opened" field which determines if the Workset is Open or Closed. A Closed Workset does not display until it's turned on.

If the Worksets are Closed by default, then I believe it will have to be corrected in the Central File. Make sure that everyone has Synch'ed and has closed the Project. Now open it without creating a Local file, click SaveAs, in the following dialog click "Options...", change 'Open workset default:' to "All", hit 'OK', and save the new Central File over the original. Create a new Local and "Relinquish All Mine" before the others re-create their Local Files.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 10
bvm76
in reply to: CoreyDaun

it looks all visible but when I link it wont show upSmiley Sad

Thank You.
Message 6 of 10
CoreyDaun

Was that image take from the Central File? If so, follow the procedure I described in my previous post and that should fix it.

Message 7 of 10
bvm76

it shows up on elevation and 3d but not in plan view.
Thank You.
Message 8 of 10
bvm76

no that was taken from the local file.
Thank You.
Message 9 of 10
bvm76

Hi Corey, I think I figured it out. The arch level is couple meters away from my level. Thanks for your help!
Thank You.
Message 10 of 10
CoreyDaun

bvm76 wrote:

"it looks all visible but when I link it wont show upSmiley Sad"

Wait a minute... I just noticed you said "link" in a previous post. One goes about creating a Local File by using "Open" in Revit, navigating to and selecting the Central File, and selecting the "Create New Local" option at the bottom of the Open dialog (which should be enabled by default). What process are you using to create your Local File?

bvm76 wrote:
"it shows up on elevation and 3d but not in plan view."

If you in fact linked in the Central File, then this is an issue of Levels, not Worksets. The Levels of the Central File are probably well above or below the default Levels that are in your host Project, thus, you can only see the linked model in a 3D or Elevation View.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report