Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Revit MEP 2012 work with Revit Architecture 2011?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
garnerm
435 Views, 6 Replies

Will Revit MEP 2012 work with Revit Architecture 2011?

I work for an MEP firm currently using Revit MEP 2012.  We are about to start a project with an Architecture firm using Revit Architecture 2011?  Can these two products work together without any problems or does the Architect need to upgrade?  Or do we need to downgrade?  I would hate that.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ASCunningham
in reply to: garnerm

They will not be able to link your model into their project. I would try to get them to upgrade but if they don't want to you will need to use R2011.

Message 3 of 7
garnerm
in reply to: ASCunningham

Well that just sucks, they should be able to work together.  Well thanks for the reply, I'm going to talk to them and try to get them to upgrade.

Message 4 of 7
p_bergsieker

This is a problem that I have tried to discuss in the past. It is very frustrating from a consultants point of view. Unfortunately, there isn't a cure for ignorance. So until then, I'll keep developing my content in 2009 just in case you have that one Architect that just doesn't get it.

Message 5 of 7
VWD-MLM

You do have an option, though not perfect............one could export from RMEP to a 3D Dwg file that they could ilink..................

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 6 of 7
Jrobker
in reply to: p_bergsieker

p_bergsieker wrote:

So until then, I'll keep developing my content in 2009 just in case you have that one Architect that just doesn't get it.

You're still using 2009...Ouch.

I have always wondered why the Architects need to link the MEP in.

Are they the ones that coordinate.....? (I know this answer)

Do they need our model to show on their prints.....?

If they want to render they usually have their own terminals or exposed fixtures for that.

If you have a current version of navisworks/revit ask if you can do this.

They use whatever version they want, because progression scares them.

You upgrade the Arch file to your version and link.

Come coordination time... Your in control, Since your the one coordinating.

You should be able to take advantage of the current releases. There are multiple advantages to upgrading in MEP.

Performance enhancements, new feature enhancements. You shouldn't be held back because of someone else's reasoning.

Do you know why they will not upgrade?

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 7 of 7
p_bergsieker
in reply to: Jrobker

I'm not necessarily still using it, but the reality of it is that the last 3 projects I have kicked off, the Architect has decided to use an older version while we would like to use the updates and benefits of using the latest and greatest version. I completely agree with all of your statements regarding this, and that's sort of why I wanted to start a thread that talked about the importance of everyone being on the same page. But it's tiresome to have to explain this over and over. Thanks for the response!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report