Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the round duct shown as single line even though the detail level is fine?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
diesellam
6408 Views, 6 Replies

Why is the round duct shown as single line even though the detail level is fine?

See attached PDF file.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Because it is a duct placeholder - as indicated on the tooltip adjacent to your cursor.

Duct placeholders are there to allow you to efectively place the centreline at an early design stage before commiting to double line or having to play around with varying detail levels

These can be converted to 3D ducts by selecting the placeholder and in the contextual tab selecting "Convert Placeholder"

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, that's good to know.

Message 4 of 7

I have a situation where my ductwork looks fine on my model when architect references my file it shows as single line duct. Duct will not be covered by ceiling and needs to be shown on elevation drawings. Any ideas.

Message 5 of 7
scott_dakin1
in reply to: David125

Tell the Architect its her problem to fix as there is nothing wrong with your model. Is that mean? lol

Single line is generally Course Detail.

Message 6 of 7
dguan3
in reply to: julianjameson8403

Hi I had difficulty finding the contextual tab. Can you please take a screen shot? Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
GoSha24ru
in reply to: diesellam

your "Detail level" may be cause of this behavior. Turn "Medium" solve my problem/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report