Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which keynote schedule looks the least awful?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
russellvee
1239 Views, 5 Replies

Which keynote schedule looks the least awful?

Just wondering how you guys do this. Obviously all I really want is the first version with a stupid little period after the numbers to separate them from the notes, but Revit couldn't make things that easy. This drives me so nuts, I am considering just drafting the stupid periods with detail lines on every sheet.

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: russellvee

I just use version 3..  they're plumbers, not architects..  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun

I assume that Keynote Number is a Text Parameter, so a clever formula won't work...

If you are desperate for the dot, try creating a Calculated Value in the Schedule named "Dot", setting the formula to =".", blanking out the Field Header, and setting the justification for this field and Keynote Number to Right. In the Graphics View, see how close you can get the dot to the Keynote number by squishing the new field down.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
russellvee
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I thought of that too, but you can't add calculated values or any additional columns to a keynote legend for some unfathomable reason.

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

D'oh! I see - I should've checked first... Smiley Frustrated Can't even add Project Parameters, either.

Maybe you can just include a "dot-space-space" leading the actual Keynote Text? Smiley Tongue

Anyway, I think I would go with #3. Maybe you can make the interior grid lines gray?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
russellvee
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yeah, it seems like #3 is what Revit is cornering us into using, and what I have used in the past. I just don't understand how everyone is content with that look, or if maybe I'm the only one using keynote legends. If my keyed notes look like this, I have to put the general notes in a grid to match, and basically this style takes over as the company standard. It makes me dizzy with all the horizontal lines and no whitespace, especially when you get 20+ notes.

Matching the company standard would require the numbers to be in circles or hexagons to match the symbols, but to ask for that from Autodesk you might as well ask for the moon. Maybe Revit 2019. Apparently the new version lets us insert pictures, so maybe I can make jpegs of all the numbers with hexagons around them and use that. Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report