Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening to our elecatrical face based elements

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jboone
439 Views, 6 Replies

What is happening to our elecatrical face based elements

revit 2011, our project has been plaqued with electrical elements going to at or below slab.

I came in this morning to find 25% of our lower level devices had diappeared and has been happening quite often.  This crap is the last straw with ribit electerical.  sucks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bcaudill
in reply to: jboone

I know you're frustrated, but things don't just move or disappear. Something had to either move or change within the elements to have only specific ones move.

Or...someone is physically moving them. Maybe you can check the journals to see if you can pin point what might have happened.

HTH,

~BMC

Message 3 of 7
jboone
in reply to: bcaudill

Our revit expert here, who has been training people for years, said it was because the architect who mistreated the floor slab had moved down 2'.  TWO MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!  Since then, our stuff has been randonly moving from time to time.

He suggested that we would have had to rehost all elements to solve the problem.

Message 4 of 7
bcaudill

Well there's your smoking gun. Someone is moving things that are affecting your elements. As much as people want to quickly blame REVIT, It's going to be user error or neglect when things move.

My guess is, your architects are continuing to move things that are affecting your elements.

I also train and manage our REVIT software. My advice is, change all your electrical families to "Non-Hosted" families. If you do, your elements will not move unless physically grabbed and moved AND better yet, you could be in your own model (linking in the arch) and no one will have access to your stuff but you.

Good luck.

~BMC

Message 5 of 7
jboone
in reply to: bcaudill

Architects have not moved the floor in two (2) months.  Architects do not have acces to our read only directory nor do we have access to thiers.  It is random, because some things along a wall moved while other elements did not.  There is 4 mep's and 3 or 4 architects working in two (2) files.

Message 6 of 7
embolisim

We pretty much never have problems with things randomly moving. Except for the occasional time when an inexperienced user does something they shouldnt. And they are put in their place when that happens lol.

If its an ongoing problem, try hosting things on reference planes. Make sure you give them names & pin them, so they are identifiable & wont be mopved by accident.

They are handy for suspended lights too, you can dimension them off a level & lock the dim to maintain relative position even if the model is altered.

Message 7 of 7
jboone
in reply to: embolisim

A wise man once said, Don't shoot the messanger or my favorite, If the truth hurts, be prepaired to cry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report