Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Heater in Mechanical Equipment Category

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
althrash3
2270 Views, 3 Replies

Water Heater in Mechanical Equipment Category

Is there a way to change the category of equipment. I need my water heaters to be visible in my plumbing drawings; however I do not need all the HVAC units visible. I know I can hide the units individualy, but is there a better way. Also, I need the water heater taged seperate from the HVAC units. I'd prefer the water heaters have their own schedule. Any help will be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
abulla
in reply to: althrash3

Edit the Water Heater family, then click on the "Family Category and Parameters" button on the Home tab and you can change the category there. Unfortunately there's no Plumbing Equipment category so you'll have to pick something like Plumbing Fixtures.

Message 3 of 4
althrash3
in reply to: abulla

Thanks,

That seems to be working, however, when I change the category from Mech Equipment to Plumbing Fixture, it disappears in my plan view. It is visible in the 3D view and changed to the correct color. My plumbing fixture category is checked in VG and my toilets and lavs are visible.

Message 4 of 4

No need to change the category. Filters are the way forward. Filters in the views which only show the water heaters base on specific rules, filters in the schedules (although be careful as you can't filter by family name or type so you will need to come up with a parameter that allows you to filter by equipment classification - Equip Classification perhaps?!?)

Tagging should n't be an issue as once the filters are applied then you just tag as normal unless you need specific parameters tagged. Don't forget that these need to be shared parameters.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report