Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning messages... "No Defined Loss" in Revit MEP 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1243 Views, 3 Replies

Warning messages... "No Defined Loss" in Revit MEP 2012

Hi All,

One of the projects i'm currently working on has recently become excruciatingly slow to react to anything.
To explain this further; everytime I attempt to draw any pipe, pipe accessory or fitting revit will take roughly 10 seconds to 'think' before it will draw the part. Revit has a similar reaction when doing any number of mundane tasks, such as moving/rotating a section, selecting any object etc.

I've read in multiple forums that having a large number of warnings within a project can cause this slow running behaviour, so I checked and I have about 4500 warning messages, obviously way too many.

about 4200 of these warnings consist of the "No Loss Defined" error, all of these some sort of pipe fitting. ie.elbow/tee etc.

So I guess my question would be how can I remove these warnings?

It seems that "loss method" should be set to K Coefficient from Table >> and K Coefficient Table selected is something like Regular 45, 90 and 180. However Revit doesn't seem to be assigning a K factor from the table, therefore creating the problem????

I would greatly appreciate any help with this issue, feels like I've been banging my head against a wall working on this project for the last week. 😕

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
julianjameson8403
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you created systems with terminals at one end and equipment at the other?

Depending on how you are using Revit - if you don't need the calculations then you can turn that off in the pipe system types.

Bear in mind that pipe systems slow down very quickly in Revit so you may want to consider how you use worksets to help with Revit trying to display lots of pipe elements, even those not directly in the view you are working in. You may also want to consider how you break your model up into zones or floors or service or some other means to improve your productivity. However - don't go mad in splitting it up as the more you split it the more human inter-action and thus in-built risk of error you build in to your project.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi, thanks for that.

We figured out that because we don't have all the pipe ends connecting to fixtures, revit doesn't recognise a flow and therefore can't calculate a pressure loss, which of course will give an error warning.

So I guess i'll have to deal with it like this until all the plumbing fixtures have been copy monitored from the architectural, which kinda sucks. But I don't see another way around these warnings... Hope that makes it speed up some too Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
julianjameson8403

Or do it the "old fashioned" way and convert capped end families into plumbing fixtures/mechanical equipment and set them up so they will provide the specified flows, etc. so you don't have to wait for the Architect's fittings. Also, when you copy/monitor the Arhcitect's fittings through, I think you may find they are only geometry and no connectros but can't rememeber exactly so you either have to swap the type or add the "old-fashioned" connectors.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report