Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Sections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jrobker
154 Views, 2 Replies

Wall Sections

When I cut a section it shows the level and only the level i'm currently working on...sometimes.
Other times it cuts a section through the entire building from the roof all the way to the core of the earth. What is this setting? I can't seem to find it.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
weingartenj
in reply to: Jrobker

Let me guess, when it works correctly, you have actually created the rooms in the model. When it works incorrectly you have a linked architectural file....

Autodesk really needs to fix this. The section cuts and interior elevations for that matter are bound by rooms. They need to be changed for MEP to be bound by spaces and/or levels.

No setting that your missing. Nothing you can do about it (that I know of). This one is deffinetely on Autodesk.
Message 3 of 3
jason.martin
in reply to: Jrobker

There isn't really a setting for this, but there is some "behavior" that explains how it works. In a new project draw a duct from -20' to 9'. Draw another duct from 9' to 40'. Create different sections that contain each of these ducts.

You'll see that the "vertical extents" of the sections are slightly larger than the items they contain. The sections try to be smart about what things are included in the section and tries to show the vertical extents of it. You'll also notice that the vertical extents of the section need to "include" the level for them to show on different levels.

hth

jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report