Revit MEP

Active Contributor
CADArmor
Message 1 of 3 (417 Views)
Accepted Solution

Volume of Mechanical Ducts

417 Views, 2 Replies
10-03-2012 10:33 PM

Is there a way other than manual calculations to calculate the volume of mechanical ducts in REVIT MEP 2012?

Picture attached shows a duct system highlighted in yellow. I need to calculate the entire volume of that duct system. Can someone please help?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 3 (379 Views)

Re: Volume of Mechanical Ducts

10-08-2012 07:53 AM in reply to: CADArmor

I would image that you could create a Duct Schedule sorted by their individual size Parameters (i.e. Height, Length, Diameter) and create a Calculated Value to total up the volume. In fact, I believe that there is already an "Area" parameter that may of some use. For each type of Duct (Rectangular, Round, Oval) you would need a separate Calculated Value or perhaps a Separate Schedule to keep it cleaner. I don't think that this would account for Duct Fittings, though.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Distinguished Mentor
asommer
Message 3 of 3 (360 Views)

Re: Volume of Mechanical Ducts

10-09-2012 11:36 AM in reply to: CADArmor

The area that Revit gives in the schedule is Sheetmetal area.  It's kinda odd that volume isn't here for ducts.  You would have to do Height * Width * Length for Rect duct, and the other thing for Round.  You can sort the schedule by system name, set up the calculated values to calc the Volume of each duct, and set the "Volume" to calculate totals in the formatting tab.  It is a lot to do, but I had done this to calculate total duct weight on a project.

Good Luck!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube