Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void Extrusion Displays Orange

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
14677 Views, 2 Replies

Void Extrusion Displays Orange

Morning all,

I am creating mounting holes in a plate within a family. There are four holes, and I have put two on successfully, and the elements have turned black. However, with the third hole the element remains orange, despite my putting on it all the constraints that are on the other elements.

What I'd really like to know, as opposed to a solution, is why an element would be orange? I've not been able to find an answer anywhere online.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK answered my own question, along with Mastering AutoDesk Revit MEP 2014.

From the book:

"When you create a void form while in the Family Editor, it will appear in the 3D views as a transparent form and as orange lines in plan and elevation views, as long as it is not cutting any solid geometry."

So, if it's not cutting anything, then it'll be orange. Once it cuts something, it should turn black. If it hasn't automatically, it may be possible to use the Cut tool to cut the void into any other geometry.

Message 3 of 3
ivazivkov
in reply to: Anonymous

So, you created a void extrusion, used the Cut tool to embed it in other geometry, and successfuly confirmed void being created with no errors (you are not in "Edit In-Place" mode anymore) - but then you are left with "void" that has orange edge in all views.

SOLUTION: go to floor plan, enter the voids "Edit In-Place" mode again, then go in the Create tab, and use Model line to draw a line (or lines) where your void should be in contact with targeted geometry (e.g. wall).

This was the only thing that worked for me, and I have had this problem every now and then for years. Maybe it wasn't the problem you had, but I know others did- so I posted here because this is where people will probably search for solution.

attaching a picture to make it more clear:

ORANGE VOID.jpg

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report