Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility of Nested, Nested Family

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
revitworkbench
451 Views, 1 Reply

Visibility of Nested, Nested Family

hello again Revit forum, I might be having a brain freeze, but I thought you could control the visiblity of nested, nested family, no? I have family 1 loaded into family 2, saved as family 2. Then family 2 is loaded into family 3. I want to control visibility of family 1 in family 3 via a yes/no parameter, but the option is grayed out. Am I outta luck? Or does my memory still serve some merit? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

You should be able to; what option are you seeing that is grayed-out? You will need a Yes/No Parameter that was created in Family 2 that controls the Visibility of Family 1, then when Family 2 is loaded into Family 3, you  can control the Visibility of Family 1 through that parameter. If this is what you have done and that Parameter is grayed-out, then I would guess that the Yes/No Parameter in Family 2 is being driven by a formula, and therefore cannot be linked to a Parameter in Family 3. If this is not the case, can you post your Family file here?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report