Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Linked Walls

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cesslinger
319 Views, 3 Replies

Viewing Linked Walls

I have linked an architectural drawing and copy/monitored it. I am unable to view walls in 3D. Using 2014.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: cesslinger

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

When you link in an architectural Revit model, you should be able to see the Walls in a 3D View regardless of whether or not they are Copy/Monitored. If you are having difficulty creating a 3D View, then go to View tab » 3D View » Default 3D View. If you have already created your 3D View, there are numerous possible causes to this problem. Here are a few:

- Are any other elements from the Linked Model visible? Perhaps the Walls Category is turned off.

- The link may be on a Workset that is turned off. (Workshare-Enabled projects only)

- Double-check your 3D View's Phase and Phase Filter settings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
cesslinger

I have checked all the views and properties and all is turned on. When I scroll in on 3d mode the walls are visible, but transparent. I would like to see a 3-d view without viewing devices in the next room.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun

That is a matter of the View's Discipline; change it to "Coordination" (under Properties). When a View is set to an MEP Discipline, all of the Architectural and Structural elements are automatically made half-tone and transparent as a native behavior of Revit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report