Revit MEP

Valued Contributor
bsepter
Message 1 of 6 (255 Views)

View templates reseting themselves?

255 Views, 5 Replies
01-18-2013 05:00 AM

In an effort to have everyone in my office print with similar linked underlays, I created a view template for the linked models (architectural, structural, furniture, and equipment models) in our project. I saved all the graphic settings for these linked models in this view template. Every so often I can open these view settings and the "Linked model" setting has changed from "First Floor Plan" to "None". Does anyone know what causes this? Or has anyone dealt with this? Or are we going about saving our underlay view settings all wrong?

Thanks

Mentor
iam4phils
Message 2 of 6 (248 Views)

Re: View templates reseting themselves?

01-18-2013 05:54 AM in reply to: bsepter

I believe this happens when the view you are linking to in the arch model no longer exists. I've had this happen when the architect kept changing the way he had their model/views setup.

Valued Contributor
bsepter
Message 3 of 6 (235 Views)

01-18-2013 08:37 AM in reply to: bsepter

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I see why that would confuse the host file. But I don't think that is the case in our situation. Our view templates are resetting even if the linked files have not changed. We download a new model from the architect every week so the linked model does not change until we download one and reload it into our host file. My view templates are resetting multiple times during the day and I can't figure out what is causing that.

Valued Contributor
bsepter
Message 4 of 6 (156 Views)

01-22-2013 05:49 AM in reply to: bsepter

Well, it's been a few days since the linked revit model view graphics switched from "custom" to "by host" without warning. It seemed so random. Must have been the way I was holding my mouth.

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 5 of 6 (148 Views)

01-22-2013 07:01 AM in reply to: bsepter

Are you by any chance updating your template and then doing a "transfer project standards" and overwriting the view templates? We just experienced this same issue, where our company template changed and we tried to update our active projects with the new view templates, and all of our Custom settings for Revit links went back to by Host View.

Valued Contributor
bsepter
Message 6 of 6 (129 Views)

01-23-2013 05:21 AM in reply to: bsepter

Thanks for responding abulla

No, there shouldn't be anyone trying to overwrite this view template. The only things that this view template control are the linked files. I interrogated everyone in the office and nobody claims to have touched any of the saved view templates. I guess I will continue to monitor them and hopefully find out what is causing them to reset to "by host view" .

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.