Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View range malfunction

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
revitworkbench
469 Views, 4 Replies

View range malfunction

How is it that when I set my view range to

Top: Level 4 (-1")

Cut plane: Associated Level 3 (15'),

Bottom:Associated Level 3 (0'),

View Depth to Associated Level 3: (0')

That my mechanical equipment from Level 2 Shows up? I already checked to see the level that they were set at and it was level 2 at 10' elevation. See attached. Ive tried raising my cut plane and my view depth, and my bottom. Nothing works, I must be missing something obvious please help?

Also, why when I turn on the underlay to RCP and discipline to Architectural or Coordination, nothing happens? Shouldnt I see the Ceiling grid?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

michaelmead wrote:

"How is it that when I set my view range to..." <snip> "...That my mechanical equipment from Level 2 Shows up? I already checked to see the level that they were set at and it was level 2 at 10' elevation. See attached. Ive tried raising my cut plane and my view depth, and my bottom. Nothing works, I must be missing something obvious please help?"

When you create a new Floor Plan View with the tool on Ribbon, Revit likes to set the Underlay to the level below. So, check your View's Properties and see if Underlay is set to "Level 2".

michaelmead wrote:

"Also, why when I turn on the underlay to RCP and discipline to Architectural or Coordination, nothing happens? Shouldnt I see the Ceiling grid?"

You will only be able to see the Ceiling if is below the Cut Plane. There is no good way to display the grid without using a Reflected Ceiling Plan. The most common work-around is to create corresponding RCP Views that show only the ceilings, and then place that Viewport on the Sheet overlapping the normal Floor Plan Viewport.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Well I had intended to say that my under lay was set to level 3, because thats the level I want the RCP to show up from, and the cut plane is set to above the ceiling elevation, which I can "see" it but it isnt the grid side its still just the blank grey back side. Ive even tried deleting the structural core, and assigning the entirety to The graphical structure, making it transparent but then it just places an un related grid pattern on the top as well. I guess what my question should have been is why does underlaying this work in models that dont have any linked Revit models but not revit models that are linked?

Message 4 of 5
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I cant seem to stack  views. The Ceiling on completly blocks out the Mechanical one. What am I missing?

Message 5 of 5
abulla
in reply to: revitworkbench

Try setting your Ceiling view to wireframe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report