Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Setup Porblem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mattb-mke
350 Views, 3 Replies

View Setup Porblem

I am working on a project that is one floor with a mechanical mezzanine.   The small mezzanine is located above the restrooms and the rest of the building has high open ceilings.  I would like to set up my view such that you can see all the ductwork, diffuser and such on the floor plan but not see any of the ductwork or equipment in the mezzanine.  The problem is that most of the duct mains that distribute around the building are above the mezzanine floor.  When I set the top of my view range to the height of the mezzanine floor I don’t see my duct mains that are outside of my mezzanine.  When I raise the top of my view range high enough to see the ductwork I see everything in the mezzanine.  That makes it too difficult to see what is going on in the restrooms below.  I figure there must be some way to mask or hide everything in the mezzanine and keep my view range high enough to show all the ductwork???  Being fairly new to Revit I have not yet figured out how to do this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mattb-mke

Do a search on "plan regions" in Revit and you should find what you're looking for.

Message 3 of 4
mattb-mke
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.  I think I got this right, kind of . . .   I set up my view with a range up to the mezzanine floor.  I then created a plan region that included everything except the mezzanine.  I set the bottom of the range for the plan region at the mezzanine floor.  What I was expecting to see was all the ductwork except what is in the mezzanine. The problem is that ductwork that is half in the plan region and half outside (inside the mezzanine) is showing up in it's entirety.  It is not hiding the half of the duct that is outside the plan region.  It also appears to be showing some ductwork and fittings that are completely outside the plan region boundary.  Is this behaving correctly?  I was hoping for better results.  I have attached a view of what I am looking at. 

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mattb-mke

Unfortunately, Plan Regions are pretty flawed are have many issues, especially with Duct Fittings and such. If you search though this forum (or probably any forum) for the term "Plan Region", I'm confident you'll see many similar issues that are ultimately answered with shrugs.

Since you're doing kind of a complicated thing there, I recommend creating an entirely separate View for the Mezzanine area. In the original View, create a Masking Region to "blank-out" the area covered by the Mezzanine Plan. Then on the Sheet, overlay the Mezz View on TOP of the original View. They will automatically line up with each other. This is a hair-brained solution, but I hope it helps, even just a little!

Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report