Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Range frustration

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thombrady
386 Views, 3 Replies

View Range frustration

I am working in a view & just want to see the steel. The top of steel is at 13'1" & I set my view range top at 13'1" & cut it at 13'0". This has worked in multiple views in the past in this project with no problems. For some reason my steel is not being shown although I can see the columns & everything is on. I also adjusted the view range multiple times(spent at least an hour on this & I know way to much time). Any ideas or suggestions why this is not working?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
max.a.hollander
in reply to: thombrady

Double Check that the steal is in the correct elevation.  then create a view template from a view that worked before make sure to uncheck view range action.  thats my best advice

Message 3 of 4
dglenn9000

I am assuming you have verified the structure is actually there. Cut a section, looked at a 3d view of the floor, etc.  Changing your view ranges as described should work so I am assuming it is something else.

- Try changing your detail levels.  I beleive in the past I have not been able to see beams in Coarse and had to put it on medium

- Check vg to make sure structural elements are all on.

- Check vg "revit links" tab and make sure the revit model in not unchecked.

- Check vg "worksets" and make sure the workset the struct model in on is not set to hidded

Message 4 of 4
thombrady

I figured it out! It was a plan region, someone had drawn it in & it locked everything I tried to do. Thanks for the replies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report