Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

View Range Problem With Reflected Ceiling Plan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mwhea
4884 Views, 5 Replies

View Range Problem With Reflected Ceiling Plan

Hi,

I am trying to set up view templates for lighting and electrical ceiling layouts and I am coming across a problem I cannot seem to fix.

The view range is set to Top - Level Above 0, Associated Level 100 (to see furniture), View Depth - Level Above 0. This is set up so each of the levels is ready to go without having to figure out the level of the ceiling and inputting the data. 

The problem I am having can be seen in the picture - Information from the architectural drawing from level 2 (offset 0) is showing up in the level 1 drawing. I have tried changing the Top and View Depth to a negative value -100 though I don't think this does anything because the object is still there. If i change the discipline to Architectural or Coordination these objects are removed though on the Electrical discipline it re-appears. 

Any help on this would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Mark.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mwhea

Check to see if your View has an Underlay set - open the View and look under Properties to find the Underlay setting. It should be set to "None".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€
āž|āž Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
mwhea
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the advice CADastrophe, I figured out the problem I didn't know that elevations had a option to select what the upper level associated to it was - setting it to Level 2 has solved this problem šŸ™‚ 

Talking about underlay options there is no way on a reflected ceiling plan for Electrical to show the Ceiling Plan with a linked furniture plan as a underlay is there?

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

Glad you were able to solve your issue! As for the other question, can you expand a little bit; do you mean a linked model with furniture?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€ā”€
āž|āž Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
mwhea
in reply to: CoreyDaun

May just be easier to show a picture. What is happening is I can show the furniture and ceiling from a linked architectural model but what i am trying to do is to bring the ceiling grid infront of the furniture. I read about underlay options though i don't think this is possible from a linked model. My other solution is to set transparency for the furniture and other items to 100% which is a possible solution though a bit messy.

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

Setting 100% Transparency to those Categories (i.e. Furniture, Casework, Specialty Equipment) is the way to go. It's not so messy, especially with tactical use of View Templates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report