Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical duct w/horizontal take-offs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
291 Views, 2 Replies

Vertical duct w/horizontal take-offs

I have a 5-story building with air handlers on the roof. There'll be vertical ducts running down shafts within the building from the roof down to the basement. Then there will be ducts tapped off that main duct for each floor. I placed the vertical duct but can't seem to connect ducts to it for the horizontal take-off's. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I was able to get a horizontal duct to connect to a vertical duct (both rectangular). You might try to check the properties for the
duct type itself. I have "Preferred Junction Type" set to "tee" and "Tee" set to "Rectangular Duct Tee: Standard"

Hope this helps,
John

wrote in message news:5465580@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have a 5-story building with air handlers on the roof. There'll be vertical ducts running down shafts within the building from
the roof down to the basement. Then there will be ducts tapped off that main duct for each floor. I placed the vertical duct but
can't seem to connect ducts to it for the horizontal take-off's. Any ideas?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok, I think I figured it out. Looks like you have to go a section view where you want to connect into a vertical duct. In plan view, I drew the horizontal duct to within about 12" from the vertical duct and then created a section view of that area. Then I was able to click the end of the horizontal duct and drag it over to the vertical duct. It then automatically created a connection.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report