Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Duct Mtd. Objects

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
asommer
316 Views, 5 Replies

Vertical Duct Mtd. Objects

I have a Duct Mounted Smoke Detector with an "Annotation Symbol" that shows correctly in a Horizontal duct, but when I place it in a vertical duct, the Annotation does not show ANYWHERE, not even in section.  Is this possible?  I cannot seem to place another annotation symbol in any elevation view.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
julianjameson8403
in reply to: asommer

Isn't that down to the rules of symbols in families in that they only show in plan and as moke detectors are usually mounted on a horizontal plain they don't have the same in-built rule like the lighting Fixtures, where you can put the geometry on the wall but the symbol works in plan. Have you tried making a vertical face based detector with a symbol in plan?

Symbols cannot be placed in elevation as far as I am aware.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: asommer

Elements belonging to the Fire Alarm Category display their annotation symbol in plan view regardless of whether they are vertical or horizontal. In elevation or section, no. If your annotation symbol is not visible, some other issue is in play. Verify that (within the family) the Generic Annotation is visible at all detail levels. It may be hidden in the view due to other reasons like being outside the View Range. Test the family on a wall to make sure it shows up.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6

Yep - my mistake. Looks like I need to pay a bit more attention to the electrical side of Revit!!!

Anyway - I noticed that if you place the detector in the duct in the vertical and press the space bar that you can make the symbol appear and disappear as I guess Revit is viewing the object from plan to left/right to plan, etc.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 6

Perhaps even Autodesk needs to pay more attention to the Electrical side. You're right about the 'Left/Right' display - no annotation symbol from these directions. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for that!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6

No worries - about time I could repay the few times you have steered me along the correct path!Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report