Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vent schedule: Outside air requirements and number of people in same schedule

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HVAC-Novice
1343 Views, 4 Replies

Vent schedule: Outside air requirements and number of people in same schedule

I created a Zone schedule to calculate the exhaust and ventilation rates. The Zone ventilation rates (cfm/person, cfm/area) are property of the zone.

But the number of people are part of the space and can show up in space schedules. Since I need number of people and cfm/person in the same schedule, is there a way to include number of people in the zone schedule?

I could itemize the number of people in the space schedule when I sort by zones and then manually enter that in the Zone-ventilation schedule, but that seems manual and error-prone.

There isn't a way to include the space parameters in the zone schedule.

I kind of want to use the information that is atttached tot he zones and spaces, so i can export it via gbXML to Trace. I mostly need the number of people in trace, I can re-do the vent. calculation there.

I originally set up a schedule with just my own parameters, but like to use the parameters that also will be used by the load-calculation, energy and gbXML export.

I only could upload 3 screenshots, I realize this may not really explain well what I'm trying to do.

Revit version: R2024.2
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

I also just exported a gbXML to Trace. However, none of the number of people or the or ventilation rates (cfm/ft²) exported. Am i doing something wrong?

Message 3 of 5

The element properties live inside the gbXML and could be consumed in energy analysis applications if those applications recognize the file properties. The gbXML is robust but not 100% acceptable downstream to all analytical applications. For example, Green Building Studio can interpret some elements from Revit MEP, but not all. 

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 5

for your number of people

when you do the gbxml export button, in the setting

did you check the (export defult value) need to be active or checked

see picture 

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 5

I actually tried the gbXML export again last night and this time Trace recognized the number of people in each space (which is a "room" in Trace). The walls, windows etc. also show up, just need some cleaning up. Yes I think this time I checked that "default value" button, so that probably was my problem.

It did not, however, recognize the OA flowrates (which seem to be bound to zones, which can be multiple "rooms"in trace.

I think I come to the realization that I just skip the zone OA rates from the Revit load calculation and just make a space shcedule for ventilation with my own ventilation parameters. And when I have the number of people in Trace, just enter the OA/person there again.

I just figured calculating and showing the OA rates in Revit is good for code review and wanted to reuse that 1:1 in Trace.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report