Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Egnyte hybrid cloud for collaborative work

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rreid
1536 Views, 2 Replies

Using Egnyte hybrid cloud for collaborative work

We are looking at replacing our existing storage structure.  We have two offices and use Globalscape WAFS to replicate the shared project files between them so that users in both offices can work on the same Revit projects.  This has worked reasonably well, but we have outgrown our storage capacity and need to upgrade.  

We are looking at using Egnyte's hybrid cloud solution, which uses local storage synchronized with cloud storage to make files availble to users in multiple locations and from multiple devices.  Kind of like dropbox on steroids.  

My concern is i do not know how the revit central file will handle this type of syncing.  Our current system (Globalscape WAFS) specifically lists Revit support.  The Egnyte rep did not even know what Revit was.  He did know Autocad, but...

I realize that i need to do some testing before we commit.  But i wanted to solicit the forums to see if anyone has done this with Revit files already.  Or if a Revit guru from autodesk would like to comment on the possibilities.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: rreid

I cannot speak to your hardware needs, but Revit Server was deigned for what you want to do. Go here for details: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/enu?adskContextId=EXLINK_RS_OVERVIEW&product=REVIT&release=2013&languag...

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 3
rreid
in reply to: alan.quinn

We are experimenting with Revit server right now to see if it is the solution.  Our only complaint is that we then have two storage locations for the data.  But i guess that it is just a workflow change for where the user opens the Revit file from.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report