Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help please ... duct disconnect after exporting to DWG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chunky2k
519 Views, 5 Replies

Urgent help please ... duct disconnect after exporting to DWG

as explained in the topic and check the attachement

when i export my drawings to DWG, some duct connection move from the original location to outside it

can someple help me to fix this ?

am using revit 2013

reagrds

another question, am using the titleblock for A1 size, in case i want to export it as image (in case exporting to DWG correctly didnt work)

i can export them to (IMAGE), but what is the best size to export to A1 size with no losses ? 4096 ? 8192 ?

and of course it is not possible to change to PDF, right ?

regards

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: chunky2k

chunky2k wrote:

"...when i export my drawings to DWG, some duct connection move from the original location to outside it..."

I'm not sure what the problems is here, but have you tried exporting to different AutoCAD versions? Also, for what purpose are you exporting - if you are just exporting for the 2D linework, perhaps you can place the view on a blank Sheet View and export from there.

chunky2k wrote:

"...another question, am using the titleblock for A1 size, in case i want to export it as image (in case exporting to DWG correctly didnt work)

i can export them to (IMAGE), but what is the best size to export to A1 size with no losses ? 4096 ? 8192 ?"

When you are exporting to an image, you can opt to export at 100% size so it should automatically create the ideal size file.

chunky2k wrote:

"...and of course it is not possible to change to PDF, right ?"

You can "print" to .pdf format. Search Google for a free PDF writer (such as CutePDF) and install it. You will then be able to select that as the device in order to print to PDF.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
chunky2k
in reply to: CoreyDaun

@Anonymous wrote:

@chunky2k wrote:

"...when i export my drawings to DWG, some duct connection move from the original location to outside it..."

I'm not sure what the problems is here, but have you tried exporting to different AutoCAD versions? Also, for what purpose are you exporting - if you are just exporting for the 2D linework, perhaps you can place the view on a blank Sheet View and export from there.

most people dont have revit on their PC's so if i want to plot it, i have to convert it to autocad so they would able to view the drawing

i re-draw any drawing from normal autocad to revit so i can manage the drawing and elevations on revit

double the work but much better for our company profile

it is already done on A1 sheet (for converting) and i also convert it to autocad 2007 and 2013

@chunky2k wrote:

"...another question, am using the titleblock for A1 size, in case i want to export it as image (in case exporting to DWG correctly didnt work)

i can export them to (IMAGE), but what is the best size to export to A1 size with no losses ? 4096 ? 8192 ?"

When you are exporting to an image, you can opt to export at 100% size so it should automatically create the ideal size file.

i will try to make it 100% 🙂 thanks

@chunky2k wrote:

"...and of course it is not possible to change to PDF, right ?"

You can "print" to .pdf format. Search Google for a free PDF writer (such as CutePDF) and install it. You will then be able to select that as the device in order to print to PDF.

i tried that, it worked very nice, but as i said, i have to change it to autocad for other companies so they can open the drawing and coordinate

regards and thanks

Message 4 of 6
gookeeper

Hi Chunky

i know this is an old thread, but did you find out why the duct parts moved outside the drawing?

Im having the same problem. ive tried different cad versions on export, different solids (polymesh/Acis) nothing.

Thanks

Guy

Message 5 of 6
chunky2k
in reply to: gookeeper

@gookeeper wrote:

Hi Chunky

i know this is an old thread, but did you find out why the duct parts moved outside the drawing?

Im having the same problem. ive tried different cad versions on export, different solids (polymesh/Acis) nothing.

Thanks

Guy

Hey man

well the best solution i found is to delete the duct where the connection have a disconnected, and re drew it again 

it works after this for me

hope it would work for you as well

Regards 

Message 6 of 6
finian_wcc

hi, have you found the solution where the families tended to displace when exporting to DWG ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report