Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to "draw pipe" from existing pipe fitting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
daniel_kollar
1785 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to "draw pipe" from existing pipe fitting

Hello,

I'm having a specific problem with pipe fittings and being able to continue a pipe run from a "T". I have an existing model that has a run ending with a "T" fitting. I would like to continue the run but when I try to "draw pipe" from the right click menu it does not appear. I have tried this is in plan view, 3D view, and section view but it won't work. The only workaround I've been able to find is to delete the fitting and place a new one. Then I get the option to draw a pipe from the fitting. It's the same fitting so I don't know what the problem is. I've attached a screenshot of my problem.

Thanks for any help,

Dan

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello Dan,

Did you try changing default fitting settings. Click a pipe in properties menu click edit type > Routing Preferences Edit > Try changing your Tee family.

https://www.bilgitara.com
Message 3 of 3

Hi Daniel, at first check routing preference within Revit. Revit sometimes route and connect the fitting itself while you try to connect one pipe with another pipe directly. If the pipes already stretch out from the ‘T’ shape fitting, then the ‘Draw Pipe’ option will not be visible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report