Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial Question - starting sanitary system

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
plumbbill
242 Views, 2 Replies

Tutorial Question - starting sanitary system

I downloaded Revit MEP 2009 and installed the tutorial files. Everything was fine, until I got to the "Begin Creating the Sanitary System" tutorial. When I finish the system, I get the system shown in the attached JPG, with about 14 errors shown.

The piping is flowing in the wrong direction, and some of the fixtures aren't even connected to the system. I know that my main and branch piping offset is correct, and the offset for my base is fine, too. I've followed the tutorial word for word multiple times and I still get these errors. I've also tried different arrangements and different groups of fixtures, and it still doesn't work. Any idea why?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TonyVav
in reply to: plumbbill

I had the same problem. I followed directions to the letter. I found that the offset did not follow my lead. I had to change the offset to -1'-0" then I had to manually change direction of each fitting as well as the piping flow.
Message 3 of 3
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: plumbbill

Bill,
After discussing with our tutorials folks, I have a couple of questions.

* Are you sure that you set the slope correctly? If you set your slope backwards you might get similar results.

* Did you select "Sanitary" System Type when you adjusted the Offset settings in the Mechanical Settings dialog?

Let us know if those items result in the proper behavior.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report