Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Vanes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CarrieHoffman02
4603 Views, 6 Replies

Turning Vanes

Revit MEP 2011...How would I go about adding turning vanes in a standard Rectangular Reducing Tee?

Carrie

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jrobker
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

The quickest way...keyed note or in your specs.

The grueling Pythagorean theorem way...Model it

I have attached the elbow so you can see how it's done.  Download my attachment to see how it works and take a shot.

I do not have that fitting in my library.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 7
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: Jrobker

Wow...That one is going to take me a while. I think I will just make it look right with lines for this project. Thanks

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Attached is an elbow and a tee (based of the OOTB fittings) that have turning vanes built in. The tee should function fine, but we avoid that fitting and thus have not used it, so I am not 100%. Give it a try, though. Both of these were created by us, so if it doesn't work, please let me know.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
dennis
in reply to: CoreyDaun

As 'Catasstrophy' said in his post, those out of the box in 2011 should work just fine, we use them alot.  Or did, we are on 2012 now.  You will need to load them into your project (and template) then apply them to the Rectangle-Duct in the Family list.

Apologies to Piers Anthony's Xanth books, and to CADastrophy, for the 'miss spelling' i used.Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: dennis

Most of the fittings I use are out of the box and they all work great. However the one particular fitting I need is an Oval Bullhead Transition Tee with vanes. I didn't find it with the out of the box items. Is there one in 2012? I am still new at Revit so I feel making this fitting will take up alot of time for me when I can make it look right for the time being and for this submission anyway.

Message 7 of 7
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sorry to hijack this thread, but i haven't found a better solution yet.

I also look for a Tee with turning vanes and wonder how is the pressure drop calculated when you make your own fitting?

The parameters of these fitting by "CADastrophe" don't show anything that resembles K-value or something. I also looked into the parameters of the Revit standard fittings and didn't find anything.

Revit version: R2024.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report