Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracing electrical circuit fixtures

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
6645 Views, 11 Replies

Tracing electrical circuit fixtures

Is there a way to trace what is connected to a certain circuit? I ran into this problem where I had my lighting on circuit 14. Then I had added fixtures that were originally on circuit 15. I disconnected the fixtures from circuit 15 before adding them to circuit 14. However my homerun shows 14,15. I deleted the fixtures and the homerun still shows 14,15. Can someone help me find which device is still on circuit 15? 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
abulla
in reply to: Anonymous

You can either use Tab-select when on the circuited device to see what else is connected to it, or use the System Browser. Under View, User Interface, check the System Browser check box. From the system browser, you can see exactly what is circuited and to what panel. Or, navigate to the panel and circuit you want to see, then you can right-click and select Show.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: abulla

Thanks for your suggestion but I still cannot find the culprit. I selected circuit 15 and there were no devices highlighted in circuit 14. Can the wires be affecting this?

Message 4 of 12
CoreyDaun

If you are unable to find it within the View, try creating a Schedule and filter by Panel and Circuit Number. Then you can select the elements from the Schedule View via the "Highlight in View" button on the ribbon.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi, I've done that too and it only highlights the devices. I even clicked on every device on that circuit and they all say 14...however here's the kicker, I selected the wires and some of them say circuit 14 and some say 14,15. How can I change the wires without having to delete and re-draw all of them?

Message 6 of 12
CoreyDaun

Does recreating the Wires correct the issue? If so, that might be you best option...

What release of Revit are you using? Could you post an image of what you're describing?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yeah I figured recreating the wires would work but was trying to avoid going through the whole circuit run. But I did trace down all the wires that had both circuit numbers and disconnected all of them before recreating. I checked every wire after I redrew it and found that some of my switches and j-boxes had to be deleted and replaced and this seemed to work. 

I'm using MEP 2013. Attached is an image of another homerun I need to fix. Every device is connected to circuit 7. However, some wires have both 20 and 7. I'll redo the same process and this should fix it. Is there a way Revit can trace not just the devices on a circuit but every element?

Thanks for your help Corey and Abulla!

Message 8 of 12
kBuddhani

Revit 2019. Select the panel and right click, select 'Browser', 'System Browser'. From there look for the panel or circuit in question then expand that particular circuit. You can select each individual object and right click, select 'Show'. This should take you to the object.

Message 9 of 12
aszczawinski

Hello all,

I am running into this issue on REVIT 2019. 

My dilemma: I want 4 circuits, each with 24 light fixtures on it.  Before circuiting, I triple checked the System Browser and made sure none of the light fixtures had any existing electrical power connections to it.  When I assign the first circuit, it reads correct (let's say Panel P1 - 1).  When I add the second circuit, the circuiting shows correctly for the light fixtures under properties (P1 - 3) BUT the wires show it as (P1 - 1,3) with two homerun arrows (P1 - 1,3,5 and P1 - 1,3,5,7 subsequently for the two remaining circuits).  The panel schedules show the loads correctly for the 4 circuits I've tried manually drawing the wires before creating the circuits and also using the wire button after powering the circuit and I get the same result.  Do you know what the issue could be?

Thank you,

Andruw

Message 10 of 12
s.borello

Tab select or systems browser. 

Message 11 of 12
aszczawinski
in reply to: s.borello

I have tried both methods

For systems browsers, I correctly see the 24 fixtures under their respective circuit.  Under properties, only 1 circuit shows which is also correct.  When I select the wiring that connects the fixtures, that is where the issue comes into play.

Opened up the model just now and all of the wires show 4 circuits under properties instead of 1.  If I delete the circuits from the system browser and add the light fixtures back (keeping the wires), then the wires take a 0+N method for circuits, leading to multiple arrows on the homeruns.

This is truly a conundrum that I cannot make any sense of why this is happening still

Message 12 of 12

This is a shot in the dark, but your issue reminded me of something similar I encountered last year. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/wires-are-becoming-multi-circuit-without-my-consent/m...

Is it possible you've got a floor plan and a reflected ceiling plan of the same area, and you've got different circuits in both?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report