Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Modelling

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
%4seasons%
605 Views, 5 Replies

Thermal Modelling

I am doing thermal modelling of our project (retail project within a mall - 3 external walls & 2 internal walls). Can I set the externall walls so each has different temperatures? For the internal walls there should be no loss/gain but the area beside it is a lobby so I want to put some load by again setting the temperature. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: %4seasons%

From the description, it's not clear what you are trying to do. What do you mean by "set a temperature"? If you are looking to adjust the loads that are calculated, you can change the type of space adjacent to the walls, but you can set a temperature at the wall.

I would appreciate it if you would let me know if this answers your question. If it does not, please reply with more information about what you are trying to do so that I can provide a better answer.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 6
%4seasons%
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Sorry, what I want to achieve is to put some additional load to an internal wall by adjusting the temperature of each internal wall. I am not sure if this is possible with Revit (which this can easily be done in Hevacomp).

What I am thinking is to create a dummy space adjacent to the internal wall and adjust the temperature to whaetever I want.

Is there any possible option?

Message 4 of 6
Chris.Aquino

You can change the loads by changing the space type adjacent to the wall.

You can do this by selecting the space, and changing the space type in the Properties Palette.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 6
%4seasons%
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

In this case, it is necessary to create a "dummy space" just to set the temperature adjacent to the internal wall. I think it would be great to see in the future release an option to do this to eliminate this issue.

Message 6 of 6
Chris.Aquino

We are always looking to make our product better, which is why we have set up the following link for you to submit feature requests, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report