Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Question Please.....

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
431 Views, 3 Replies

Tag Question Please.....

Okay I know this has been beaten to death but here goes.  I have supply and return air terminals.  I have two tags for these.  One with the ID and the cfm and one for just the ID.  IOs there a way to tag each one with it's appropriate tag with changing the tag first or going bac kto do it after?  Maybe I missed something.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

No, since they are of the same Category. You can set the default Tag for the Category under Annotate tab » Tag ▼ Loaded Tags. The best way to repeatedly Tag elements using a 'non-default' Tag, is to Tag an element, change that Tag to the correct Type via Type Selector, and then use the Create Similar tool with that Tag to create multiple instances of that Type.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I figured as much.  It would be nice if you set that in the family to read a certain tag  Does make it kind of time consuming to have to switch tags before or after rather then being able to set it to a "default" tag  THanks

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I can see that being very useful. I imagine that it would work similar to setting an arrowlead to a Tag Type (a pull-down list to select an alternate default Category Tag to use), except that the initial setting would be something like "<By Category>". Sounds like a great wishlist item to me!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report