Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Leader on/off toggle

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3534 Views, 8 Replies

Tag Leader on/off toggle

Hi All,

I'm trying to streamline my process by using keyboard shortcuts. Is there a way that I can add a tag with leader and without leader via a keyboard shortcut. I looked through the list for a while and couldn't find anything. Here is why I want this.

When I tag a piece of equipment, I want the leader attached to it. When I tag a revision cloud, I do not want the leader. I find it time consuming to do the following:

TG (tag)

(click off or on the leader checkbox)

click on what I want to tag.

What I would like is:

TL (Tag with Leader option turned on)

or

TG (Tag with Leader option turned off).

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It just occured to me, what we need in Revit is the good old AutoCAD Macro recorder! 🙂

Message 3 of 9
CoreyDaun

This is not currently possible, but I have seen a few users requesting the ability to use HotKeys to toggle the tools from the Options Bar. For example, I would frequently use:

Leader (when placing tags)

Multiple Alignment (when using the Align command)

Copy (when using the Mirror and )

Multiple (when using the Copy command)

The link below is often provided by Autodesk Support personnel here, and I highly recommend it use.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

It's not exactly what's been described, but I have created an add-in that will toggle leaders for keynotes, text notes, and tags (including revision cloud tags) after placing and then selecting them. Since you can assign shortcut keys to add-ins, it's certainly faster than moving the cursor up to that checkbox every time. I'm happy to share the code and/or the .dll (Revit 2017). If you're interested, please send me a message. 

Message 5 of 9
ysm
Participant

Hello,

Are you still offering the add-in for the tag leader on/off toggle?

That's a wonderful think you did there! 

It's been a issue for a long time.

Would you mind sending me this add-in?

Thank you in advance! 🙂  

Message 6 of 9
Revmzk

After losing access to a previous email address, I've opened a new account on the forum. To request the add-in, please message me at this account. Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
jfculpepper
in reply to: Revmzk

Could you forward the link to the add-in?  This sounds simply wonderful!  A big time-saver!

Message 8 of 9
maggie.norbut
in reply to: Revmzk

I would really appreciate the add-in if you are still offering it! 

Message 9 of 9
jfculpepper
in reply to: maggie.norbut

Hello:

Actually, I was asking for it also! Sorry for the confusion!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report