Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sysque and Magicad

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
daleg77
1745 Views, 1 Reply

Sysque and Magicad

Hi

Can anybody give a brief overview of the above in comparison to Revit OOTB content. In particular a breakdown of how they perform with Revit MEP for specific service types.

Realistically, would the purchase of either of these cut out the heavy customization and numerous workarounds that are required to produce high quality models/construction docs from Revit MEP.

Should Revit MEP need such 'heavy' add ons. It is not AutoCAD (for generic purposes i.e. manufacturing/building services/aerospace etc etc) that you buy add ons for to suit your individual requirements e.g. CADduct/mep, but is sold as software SPECIFICALLY for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing building services engineering.

It seems as though it is only really a framework for MEP BIM software, although this is not how it is marketed.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TFuller1980
in reply to: daleg77

Revit OOTB content is terrible for good duct models. I mean it is absolutely terrible. That's the main reason why I never used it. Then SysQue came along and I'm now a happier Revit user. The Magicad software didn't look too impressive as far its duct content from what I could see in videos. Also, it appeared to make claims that it does things where Revit already did those things anyway. Consider posting your question also at xtrabim.com
Thomas N Fuller II

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report