Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switches and Door Openings in RCP?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
407 Views, 4 Replies

Switches and Door Openings in RCP?

Is there a way to get switches and door openings to show up in an Electrical
RCP without changing the cut plan which could introduce other objects (GFCI,
Fire Pulls) into the plan? Some kind of family modification, perhaps?

Thanks for any assist!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

pkirill,

Did you ever get an answer to your question. I am having the same problem. I am sure that when I get the training they will show that to me but I have to get a DD set out (Dec 17) before I get the scheduled training (Jan 4). I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Nick
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Not that I know of. You will have to change your cut to 4'-0" high. An then create filters for the other things that will show up. If you do not what to see the door, just the door opening, you will have to go to VG and uncheck doors.
I hope I did help!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

awinterrowd,

Thank you for your response. I am more concerned about the visibility of the devices. How do I show the swithes and not the GFI bathroom/kitchen receptacles?
Message 5 of 5
CrazedEngineer

You can get the doors and stuff underneath the ceiling to show by setting the Underlay, under VP to correct level. I use it to get the furniture plans and doors to show up when I am laying out the lights. Then playing with your cut plan/ depth clipping you can make just about anything anything show up on your RCP plan as long as the family is set up correctly to make it show.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report