Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with a pipe fitting parameter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dbolton1
695 Views, 1 Reply

Struggling with a pipe fitting parameter

Good day all,

I am struggling with a particular pipe fitting parameter when creating pipe fitting families...

On a fitting that has a bend (an elbow say) where that bend is governed by a “centre Radius” parameter to keep the bend consistent when the fitting is used on various sizes of pipes. This “Centre Radius” parameter is obtained from the lookup table for the fitting but I can’t find how to calculate this value to put it into a lookup table in the first place. I am trying to create a new fitting and lookup table for a new pipe type, the MEP tutorial gives you the distance and it gives you the lookup table with all the values already entered for each pipe size, but doesn’t actually tell you how to calculate it for new pipe sizes. I have also tried using an existing fitting and lookup table that I can re-name, but I want to add a few more sizes to the lookup table. I’ve got the OD’s and the ID’s etc. from the manufacturers specs but I just can’t find that one measurement or how to calculate it, I have tried to work out how they did the existing ones but can’t seem to crack it. This measurement is integral for the bend to perform properly, if it is done incorrectly the bend will still get inserted when you draw two pipes at an angle but the centre bend of the fitting, between the two couplings, gets omitted and of course the pipe fitting then doesn’t look right.

I was hoping that someone out there was able to explain to me how I calculate this value so that I can put it into the lookup table for new pipe sizes.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: dbolton1

G'day dbolton1

Basically Lookup tables are used where there is no direct correlation between, as in your case, the "OD" and the "centre radius' of the bend.  In such cases you would really need to get this from the manufacturer.  If there is a direct correlation between the OD (or ID) and the "centre radius" then simply add a formula in the family and omit "centre radius" from the lookup table.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report