Revit MEP

m.j.ferra
Message 1 of 4 (628 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sprinkler Symbol for Rotated Sprinklers

628 Views, 3 Replies
06-22-2012 11:00 AM

Good Morning,

I am designing a fire sprinkler system using Revit MEP 2012, and have run into an issue with sprinkler symbols.  Part of our project building has a sloped ceiling, and by code, the sprinkler deflector must be parallel to the slope of the pipe run.  When I rotate our sprinklers to match the pipe run, the sprinkler symbol no longer shows up in plan view.  Is there some way we can show the sprinkler symbol in this situation?

I've attached pictures for clarification.

Thank you.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 4 (624 Views)

Re: Sprinkler Symbol for Rotated Sprinklers

06-22-2012 12:08 PM in reply to: m.j.ferra

This is a known issue, most infamously associated with lighting fixtures. I have a work-around I use to get light fixture on a sloped ceiling, show them properly oriented in the model, AND show our detail symbol over them. I created a separate family and rotate the model within the family to adapt to the slope. The light fixtures must then be mounted horizontally in the project in order for the Detail Item to display. Let me know if I can provide any more information or assistance!

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, m.j.ferra!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
m.j.ferra
Message 3 of 4 (621 Views)

06-22-2012 12:51 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Ah, understood.  I created a rough family, and it appears to work.  Thank ou very much!

Delaveris
Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)

05-30-2014 08:24 AM in reply to: m.j.ferra

Yeah, this is a strange issue, and has been an issue since the beginning. It's unfortunate that it continues to be an issue.

I also created a sprinkler family from scratch, I put an "angle" parameter into it, so that I can input the angle and the 3D model geometry will rotate within the familiy, while not rotating the family itself.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube