Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaces not reading Actual Lighting Load & Actual Power Load

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
p_bergsieker
4918 Views, 11 Replies

Spaces not reading Actual Lighting Load & Actual Power Load

I have read several threads on this and the most common answer is that the Space is out of range of the fixture or vice versa. Still, I can not get Revit to see my fixtures, receptacles, JB's, etc. and spit out an actual load or load per square foot. I even tried an "out of the box" light fixture to see if it was my light fixture family that was the problem....  Still getting the same result. I will attach my light family with the hopes that someone could help me trouble shoot this problem. We are strictly MEP at our firm, linking in an Arch file and creating Spaces from there on out. Is this the problem? Either way, I am trying to make an electrical space schedule to analyze design power density and also show the actual power density to compare the two. The "Specified Lighting Load" shows up great, as does the "Specified Power Load". However, I would still like to be able to get a total for Specified Lighting Load for the entire building too.

Take a look at my attachments and let me know what you think!

Need to know:

1. Actual Lighting Load

2. Actual Lighting Load per area

3. Actual Power Load

4. Actual Power Load per area

5. Totals for all of these things

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
p_bergsieker
in reply to: p_bergsieker

Update-

I opened the original Architectural file which is linked into my central file, created a space in a room, and added my light fixture.... IT WORKED. So now I am under the impression that this is more of a Revit MEP issue than anything else. Incapable of reading the lighting loads and power loads from a space created with a linked architectural file. But I hope I am wrong. Please advise!

Message 3 of 12
AnnaOscarson
in reply to: p_bergsieker

Can you please verify that the setting “Run calculations for loads in spaces” is checked? (The setting can be found in the Electrical Settings dialog > Load Calculations section)

Anna
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 12
p_bergsieker
in reply to: AnnaOscarson

Eureka!!!! Anna Oscarson is my new favorite person! Thank you a thousand fold! It works like a charm.

Message 5 of 12

Hopefully this post is not dead because...a question on this. I have fully functional Lighting Fixtures, all parameters are properly mapped, .ies files are used etc. The fixtures are non-hosted because of ongoing lost host errors caused by architects deleting ceilings, walls and other hosting elements. It appears that non-hosted lighting fixtures might not be able to report such things as Actual Lighting Load per area in spaces. I hope I'm not wrong here but i don't appear to be able to get these values to work for non-hosted fixtures whereas hosted fixture work perfectly. Does anyone have any better understanding of this?

Message 6 of 12

Can you please confirm that the room calculation point in the light fixture family is pointing into the space (if it points away from the space no load will be found).

Anna
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12

Hi Anna, no it was not previously activated so i have now checked the box for this and when I did so it was pointing up and away from the geometry and connector. I reloaded this and no difference was seen to the W/m2 although the Average Estimated Illumination lux values given from these fixtures fell to zero. Following this I moved the Room Calc Point down below the geometry and connector and again, no difference was seen in the project although the lux levels now returned. I note that the 'direction' for the Room Calc Point seems to be facing upwards (see attached image), could this be part of the problem and is it possible to flip this direction?

Message 8 of 12

Hi Chris, Can you share the model with me so that I can look into it?

Anna
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12

Hello,

Did you check the space boundaries?

Since you said that the ceiling was removed it is better to check it.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
pchenCANTOR

I am now having this issue as cove lights are supposed to be pointing up. How to get the Space to read its power?

Message 11 of 12
AnnaOscarson
in reply to: pchenCANTOR

pchenCANTOR , Can you try to  edit the room calculation point in the light fixture family so that is pointing into the space element (the direction of the room calculation point does not need to reflect the direction of the light source, instead it needs to be pointed into the space). 

Anna
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 12
pchenCANTOR

Thank you @AnnaOscarson! That was the solution I've been searching for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report